Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Pitman, NJ Mixed Marvel Tourney 12/18 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33217)

mikelizzio October 31st, 2010 06:54 PM

Pitman, NJ Mixed Marvel Tourney 12/18

Well, Tom asked for it, so here it is: A straight-up, anything goes tournament. No limit to the number of generals. No minimum hero requirements. No funky start zone restrictions (just the usual 24 hexes). No more making Marvel feel like the unwanted stepchild. Just 530 points of may-the-best-player-win mayhem. Details below:

Date: 12/18

Place: All the King's Men
62 S. Broadway, Pitman, NJ 08071
Telephone: 856-740-0507

Setup: 12:00 noon

Start time: 12:45 pm

Details: 530 points, Marvel ALLOWED. 5 round, swiss style tournament, no final.

Entry fee: $5 (all entry fees will be used to purchase store credit for prizes)

Attending:
mikelizzio
BobGrant
Northgate
Justine
clancampbell
xanth
Tom
Johngee
EpicLlama
Epic brother of EpicLlama

Maybe:
DragonSlayer2

Maps (and volunteers):
Northern Passage (Fallow)
Capuan Arena - (Dragonslayer2?)
Fulcrum (clancambell)
If you can't take the heat... (Fallow)
Black Root (Northgate/Justine)
Turret Rocks (Epic Llama)
Fossil
Riposte (mikelizzio)
Fire Isles(Fallow)
Invasion

More scape is a good thing.

-Mike

tom October 31st, 2010 09:01 PM

Re: Pitman, NJ Tourney 12/11

I am interested, but I will have to wait until closer to the date to confirm. Any chance you could have an event without any of the crazy restrictions we have been seeing a lot of lately? I am in the mood for some plain old vanilla Scape. There are so many new units I have not been able to try out yet because the only time I seem to play now is at events.

Johngee October 31st, 2010 10:59 PM

@ Mike

Wooohooo... another JERSEY event! Great news; I'd always rather drive 90 minutes to these things than 120+. Likewise: I am definitely interested, but can not definitely commit this early in the planning stage; it will depend on whether Mrs. G. has plans for me that weekend (i.e more Christ mas shoooopppiing, etc.), what phase the moon is in, etc., and if Xanth has a post season football game.

@ Tom ~

Could you please clarify what you mean by "Vanilla H'Scape" - I only get to play when I attend one of these Eastern PA (& MD, NJ, NY) events, so this is the only H'Scape that I know. T.Y.

tom November 1st, 2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johngee (Post 1245930)
@ Tom ~

Could you please clarify what you mean by "Vanilla H'Scape" - I only get to play when I attend one of these Eastern PA (& MD, NJ, NY) events, so this is the only H'Scape that I know. T.Y.

As of late, I only get to play HS at these events too. It sucks cause I need more Scape in my life. Anyway, what I mean by Vanilla Scape is simply "bring a 400 point army" as opposed to "bring a 400 point army where half of the figures must have 4 legs, 128 points must be in heroes, and none of your squads can be from the same general." Just a nice simple format is what I would like to play. That being said though, if Mike already has a great idea for a format in mind, I would be up for that as well ;).

Johngee November 1st, 2010 12:22 AM

ILMAO... thanks I needed a good chuckle before going to bed.

mikelizzio November 1st, 2010 11:07 AM

I'm still interested in a format that prevents some of the generic power builds that are so common. The simplest way I can do that, the best. I don't want to see 5x 4th Mass, or 6 squads of stingers.

Maybe nothing but a limit on the number of the same common squad you can field. No more than 3 sounds like it would do the trick.

Still open to suggestions, tho.

mikelizzio November 1st, 2010 05:43 PM

Re: Pitman, NJ Tourney 12/18 - Date confirmed

Spoke with Stephen at All The King's Men game shop in Pitman. We're changing the date to December 18th. Setup will start at noon, and matches begin at 12:45.

edit: mistyped the date. corrected it in bold above.

DragonSlayer2 November 1st, 2010 06:53 PM

I think I can make it...and I wont have to worry about getting a ride for this event :D I will be able to drive myself :woot:

If I come I am good for a map or two. May I suggest the one with the mixed start zone. The one I had at my event. ??? Capaun arena ???

As for format, I am open to anything.

Josh

EDIT:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1605

mikelizzio November 1st, 2010 08:44 PM

DS, I loved Capuan arena. Unless the format I decide on calls for some specific map types, I'd be happy to have you bring that one again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 (Post 1246619)
I think I can make it...and I wont have to worry about getting a ride for this event :D I will be able to drive myself :woot:

If I come I am good for a map or two. May I suggest the one with the mixed start zone. The one I had at my event. ??? Capaun arena ???

As for format, I am open to anything.

Josh

EDIT:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1605

Northgate November 2nd, 2010 06:16 PM

To put in my two cents. I agree w eliminating some of the power units. How about a tourney where the a+ a and a- units are banned or something like that?

mikelizzio November 2nd, 2010 07:42 PM

I don't want to go so far as banning individual units. That's more extreme than I'm looking for. (and really, once you ban all the A units, the B+ units become just as overpowered).

I'd just like a format that challenges people to do something besides the tried-and-true gencon armies.

Maybe require the army to use at least 4 different army cards. That might work.

Johngee November 2nd, 2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northgate (Post 1247694)
To put in my two cents. I agree w eliminating some of the power units. How about a tourney where the a+ a and a- units are banned or something like that?

Yeah that's easy for you to say, but what about us guys who don't know the difference between an A, B, C, or Plus(+) / Minus(-) unit? Is there a list some where that delineates what each unit's rating is supposed to be?

@ MikeLizzio - To limit the number of overpowered Common Squads and the extreme effectiveness of the certain bonding characters - how about declaring ALL Units to be considered UNIQUE ? This way EVERY Unit can still be in play, but NO ONE can have more than one of each, thus forcing every one to have a diversified army with a variety of figures. (Just my 2 cents)