Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 8/12/14 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35277)

johnny139 March 17th, 2011 03:42 PM

Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 8/12/14

HeroClix is a miniature game, not unlike HeroScape, that uses characters from comic books and other genres with full 3D sculpts. Because of this, it's rather popular with custom-makers around here - the Marvel section in particular. I've been keeping up with HeroClix news for quite some time, so I figured having a place to store all of these updates would be useful! So, here are all upcoming sets to look forward to, with info, pictures, and more!

USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT HEROCLIX
- HeroClix is a blind purchase game; with some exceptions, you can never be sure of what you're purchasing unless you buy a specific miniature.
- HeroClix rarities can be noted on a small tab on their base and are as follows: Common (White), Uncommon (Green), Rare (Silver), Super Rare (Gold), and Chase or Limited Edition (Bronze).
- Chase figures are extremely rare - generally, between one in ten and one in forty boosters contain one. Limited Edition figures cannot be found in booster packs, but are only available via organized HeroClix play.
- Generally, a Common figure will be worth $1, Uncommon $1-$2, Rare $3-5, and Super Rares and Chases anywhere up to $50 or $60.
- There are, at the moment, four venues for HeroClix releases: normal-sized Booster Packs, containing five figures; single-figure Booster Packs, containing one figure; Fast Forces or Starter Sets, containing six non-blind figures; and special releases, such as Super Boosters, exclusives, and other, less-common means.

CLICK HERE FOR A LISTING OF OLDER SETS!

WAR OF LIGHT (JUNE 2014 - DECEMBER 2014)
Spoiler Alert!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY [MOVIE] (JULY 2014)
Spoiler Alert!

JUSTICE LEAGUE STRATEGY GAME (JULY 2014)
Spoiler Alert!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (AUGUST 2014)
Spoiler Alert!

THE FLASH (NOVEMBER 2014)
Spoiler Alert!

JUSTICE LEAGUE - TRINITY WAR (FEBRUARY 2015)
Spoiler Alert!

OTHER
Spoiler Alert!

SPECIAL THANKS
- Suttkus, for compiling all of this information on HCRealms.
- ICv2.com, for publishing articles and providing images
- figures.com, for exclusive figure previews
- HeroClix World, for exclusive figure previews
- HCRealms, for exclusive figure previews

tcglkn March 17th, 2011 03:49 PM

Re: Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 3/17/11

I'm still hoping that Hydra Agent is cheap so I can pick up another squad or 2.

Griffin March 17th, 2011 03:56 PM

This is a great thread. Thanks.

Scapemage March 17th, 2011 03:59 PM

Subscribed. Sounds awesome.

LordEsenwienIV March 17th, 2011 05:19 PM

I'm game for hopefully a cheper MODOK and GLs.

tcglkn March 17th, 2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV (Post 1366916)

:oops: I have them all.

LordEsenwienIV March 17th, 2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1366922)
Quote:

:oops: I have them all.

I only have 48 figures though and didn't feel like spending a lot of money when I bought my whole collection.:|

Scapemage March 17th, 2011 05:57 PM

What I'm wondering is why they're releasding 2 Marvel sets in a row? They usually rotate.

johnny139 March 17th, 2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

MODOK will probably be pretty expensive - he'll be a Super Rare. The sculpt itself is supposed to be big and awesome, though, so that's a plus.

I'm looking forward to a Kilowog worth buying, even if it is butt-ugly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scapemage921 (Post 1366948)
What I'm wondering is why they're releasding 2 Marvel sets in a row? They usually rotate.

It seems they're negotiating with DC, and I suppose they're just a tougher company to work with. I mean, they've announced six Marvel releases over the next year, and two for DC. I figure there's something up there.

the incredible mate March 21st, 2011 03:09 PM

Supposedly DC wants a more quality product and the last couple sets weren't doing it for them.

As a Huge fan of Heroclix as I am Heroscape I can't wait for these to come out to.

All the marvel stuff
All the DC stuff
and all the Halo and Gears stuff.

I could care less about buying the Lord of the rings stuff mainly due to the fact that I can't get into another collectible game.... My wife would kill me.

johnny139 March 27th, 2011 01:18 PM

Re: Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 3/27/11

Alright, thread updated.

- The Thor Fast Forces Pack is now fully confirmed. Coming out May 6th; it'll have Thor, Loki, the Warrior Three, and a generic Asgardian Warrior. That's good news for us - Loki and Volstagg go for at least $35 online, and the rest of them are usually sold out at this point.
- Release date is delayed slightly for the Captain America set. I also remember seeing a good picture of BuckyCap's digital sculpt somewhere, but can't seem to find it...
- Some new information about Street Fighter, confirming Dee Jay and T. Hawk. That's good news by my count.

IAmBatman March 27th, 2011 10:27 PM

Re: Ultimate Upcoming HeroClix Info Thread - Updated 3/27/11

Man do I hope we can finally get an affordable (male) Loki ...