Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Media (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sports: NHL (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8192)

Hahma April 25th, 2007 09:26 PM

Sports: NHL

Well, now that the Penguins are out of the playoffs, I have to cheer for the Sabres. I used to live a couple hours east of Buffalo, so cheering for them seems natural. I've tried to like the Blackhawks since I grew up in the south suburbs of Chicago and now only live an hour away, but their owner is the worst in sports and the management hasn't got a clue on how to build a team. They are disappointments year after year.

I know there are some Canadian 'Scapers here, that means at least a few other hockey fans besides me :)

Any hockey fans out there?

ezekiel April 25th, 2007 09:52 PM

I know nothing about hockey, except that it's a bunch of guys colliding on ice. Is Tampa Bay still in it? I thought I saw them in the playoffs or something was in the paper...

Hahma April 25th, 2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezekiel
I know nothing about hockey, except that it's a bunch of guys colliding on ice. Is Tampa Bay still in it? I thought I saw them in the playoffs or something was in the paper...

No, Tampa is out of it now.

It's really a great sport when you learn it.

Aldin April 25th, 2007 10:01 PM

No no no - cheer for the Sharks! So many years knocking, it's time they reached the promised land!

~Aldin, by the Shark Tank

Hahma April 25th, 2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin
No no no - cheer for the Sharks! So many years knocking, it's time they reached the promised land!

~Aldin, by the Shark Tank

Okay, okay. I'll cheer for Super Joe Thornton and the Sharks to come out of the West. But... come Cup time, if it's the Sharks and Sabres... I'll have to go with the boys from western NY. Though if the Sabres don't make it to the Cup Finals, then by all means, I would love to see the Sharks finally win one. They will have a tough test agains the Ducks though, should be a good series.

Aldin April 25th, 2007 11:24 PM

Redwings actually. I'm hoping that Vancouver bumps off the Ducks this series because I'd far rather face them for the west. Since you're pulling for my Sharks in the west I'll back the Sabres in the East - Go Buffalo!

~Aldin, watching Anaheim put the hurt on Vancouver

Hahma April 26th, 2007 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin
Redwings actually. I'm hoping that Vancouver bumps off the Ducks this series because I'd far rather face them for the west. Since you're pulling for my Sharks in the west I'll back the Sabres in the East - Go Buffalo!

~Aldin, watching Anaheim put the hurt on Vancouver

You're right. I thought I heard the announcers say that the Canucks would play Detroit if they beat Dallas, during the Dallas/Vancouver game 7.

Actually this works out better because at least I can watch San Jose now, since they are playing Detroit. At least some of the games will be on early enough for me to catch. :D

ZBeeblebrox April 26th, 2007 07:36 AM

Since I'm originally from Michigan and now I live across the river in Windsor, I'm a diehard Red Wings fan...Go Red Wave!

They dominated the Flames...I think it was 600+ shots on goal to 250 for the series. The Dominator is back to form and it allows for an agressive defense. I'd say the Wings in 6 over the Sharks.

(Sorry Aldin, the Sharks have to lose, so the Red Wings can get the cup)

Hahma April 26th, 2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox
Since I'm originally from Michigan and now I live across the river in Windsor, I'm a diehard Red Wings fan...Go Red Wave!

They dominated the Flames...I think it was 600+ shots on goal to 250 for the series. The Dominator is back to form and it allows for an agressive defense. I'd say the Wings in 6 over the Sharks.

(Sorry Aldin, the Sharks have to lose, so the Red Wings can get the cup)

Well ZBeeblbrox, being originally from Chicago area and still living an hour away, it's mandatory that I hate the Wings with every fiber of my being :wink:

Calgary is Kipprusoff and Iginla. I think the Sharks have a lot more depth in their offensive arsenal and are better defensively. They are very young with fresh young legs. Lidstrom gave Iginla fits, so it will be interesting to see who he's on the ice against.

Look forward to the series either way.

BTW, I had my second bachelor party in Windsor back in '99. It was a great time. Actually, I had my first bachelor party in Niagra Falls (Canadian side) back in '90. That was a great time too. :D

Aldin April 26th, 2007 12:21 PM

I'm tellin' ya Zaphod - this is the Sharkies year - the Wings are going down!

~Aldin, waiting for tonight

markwars April 26th, 2007 01:13 PM

Once the Stars are out of it (meaning round 2 anymore) my favorite team becomes whoever is playing the Red Wings.

Supergeek April 26th, 2007 03:47 PM

It's all about New Jersey, baby!

GO DEVILS! :twisted: