Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Rules & FAQ's (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27606)

jason5 January 4th, 2010 12:18 AM

Re: Question Dump.

Can you attack your own figures? I have looked everywhere for the answer: forums, FAQs, rulebooks. All I found was that a figure cannot attack itself, but can figures attack other figures from the same army? What about squads? Can you make one Zettain Guard attack the other?

Sherman Davies January 4th, 2010 12:21 AM

You've got it right - friendly figures can attack each other, but a figure cannot attack itself.

EDIT: Welcome to the site!

Izner January 5th, 2010 03:18 AM

Dumb question the search engine wasn't turning up:

On the first level of a map, there is a normal tile next to a water/swamp/ice/lava/shadow tile. Is a figure on the normal tile have height advantage over one on the water/etc tile?

The rules seem to state that the water has height of 0 whereas the tile has a height of 1.

Also, they seem to imply that a water tile stacked on a normal tile is the same height as the same tile without water on it.

Am I reading this correctly?

LMB January 5th, 2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izner (Post 984205)
Dumb question the search engine wasn't turning up:

On the first level of a map, there is a normal tile next to a water/swamp/ice/lava/shadow tile. Is a figure on the normal tile have height advantage over one on the water/etc tile?

The rules seem to state that the water has height of 0 whereas the tile has a height of 1.

Also, they seem to imply that a water tile stacked on a normal tile is the same height as the same tile without water on it.

Am I reading this correctly?

- Yes, the fig on the "normal" tile does have height on the one on water, etc type of tile.

- Yup, water and similar tiles have a height of 0.

- Yup, water, and similar tile have no height.

Kroc January 5th, 2010 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMB (Post 984216)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Izner (Post 984205)
Dumb question the search engine wasn't turning up: ...

- Yes...
- Yup...
- Yup...

And furthermore if you put water on a normal tile then a two space figure can stop with one hex on the water tile and one on a normal tile.

cmgames January 5th, 2010 01:50 PM

One thing I've long wondered. Browsing through all the pictures of wonderful amazing maps here on HSers I have seen some maps with waterfalls created by stacking LOTS of water tiles. The top of the waterfall is physically many levels higher than the bottom. If a figure is standing on the top of the waterfall, is he technically at the same level as a figure standing at the bottom?

~Z

Grungebob January 5th, 2010 01:52 PM

water tiles are not supposed to be stacked.

AliasQTip January 5th, 2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgames (Post 984409)
If a figure is standing on the top of the waterfall, is he technically at the same level as a figure standing at the bottom?
~Z

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grungebob (Post 984412)
water tiles are not supposed to be stacked.

Grungbob is, of course, correct. Stacked tiles make nice dioramas but not great maps. However, you could house rule it.

1 Water Tile = 0 High
2 Water Tiles = 1 High
3 Water Tiles = 1 High
4 Water Tiles = 2 High
(and so on...)

loborocket January 5th, 2010 02:41 PM

For what it is worth, I think a "Question Dump" thread is a good idea. Maybe as a mix between restricting new users from posting and letting things be the wild west, is the idea the "question dump" forum is open to new users and the other forums are "read only" for some defined set of time? After that probation period is up the new user can post to the other forums.

nyys January 5th, 2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kroc (Post 984226)
And furthermore if you put water on a normal tile then a two space figure can stop with one hex on the water tile and one on a normal tile.

I've never come across this situation, but that doesn't sound right, wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong though.

Cavalier January 5th, 2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyys (Post 984453)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kroc (Post 984226)

I've never come across this situation, but that doesn't sound right, wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong though.

Since the water/lava/swamp water/ ice/shadow tiles are 0 height, you can, indeed, have a 2 spaced figure on one 0 height space and an adjacent space if the 0 height piece is 'unbanked'.

Example:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...gal0height.jpg

Izner January 5th, 2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavalier (Post 984456)
Since the water/lava/swamp water/ ice/shadow tiles are 0 height, you can, indeed, have a 2 spaced figure on one 0 height space and an adjacent space if the 0 height piece is 'unbanked'.

Example:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...gal0height.jpg

What your saying is that the water tile is considered the same level therefore a valid placement?

If the water tile were banked by standard hexes, the dragon in the picture would be standing on two different height placements, making it invalid.

Am I understanding this correctly?