Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Cosmic Boy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39416)

A3n January 24th, 2012 06:32 PM

The Book of Cosmic Boy

The Book of Cosmic Boy

C3G DC WAVE 13
THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Cosmic Justice set.
Its model number and name are #043-045 / Cosmic Boy.
Its model number and name are #215 / Rokk Krinn.

Character Bio - Having highly developed magnetic skills at an early age Rokk Krinn became Braal's greatest professional MagnoBall player, enabling him to support his impoverished family. His many fans nicknamed him "Cosmic Boy," a title he continues to use with pride.

On a galactic MagnoBall promotional tour, Krinn, along with Imra Ardeen (Saturn Girl) and Garth Ranzz (Lightning Lad), prevented the assassination of interplanetary entrepreneur R.J. Brande. Impressed by the teens' bravery, the industrialist convinced them to form the Legion of Super Heroes.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Cosmic Boy may activate Legionnaires with his Legionnaire Leadership special power. Current Legionnaires.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

A3n January 24th, 2012 06:33 PM

Re: The Book of Cosmic Boy - Design Phase

NAME = COSMIC BOY
SECRET IDENTITY = ROKK KRINN

SPECIES = BRAALIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 260

LEGIONNAIRE LEADERSHIP
After revealing an Order Marker on a Legionnaire you control and after taking a turn with that Legionnaire, if there is an unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with one other Legionnaire you control.

MAGNETIC THROW DEFENSE 14
If an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Cosmic Boy targets a figure you control for an attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure cannot attack this turn and you may place it on any empty space within 4 spaces of its current placement. After that opponent's figure is placed, it receives a wound. Thrown figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

A3n January 24th, 2012 06:37 PM

@Bats, I think that Cosmic Boy should probably replace Timber Wolf in the Legion Of SuperHeroes release, since it was him, Lightning Lad & Cosmic Girl that started the LOSH with Brainiac being the "Technical hand" at the time.

Hahma January 24th, 2012 07:10 PM

Looks good A3n :D

I don't know anything about him or the Legion, but this guy seems to have a nice throwing power that while it allows for 2 throws, it's not overly powered as far as wounding chance goes with a 13+. It will help move his teammates around too.

Cool leadership power. Put the X on him and let the Legionnaire's take double turns for the round :D

Griffin January 24th, 2012 07:57 PM

The Legion are gaining "professor X level leadership". :shock: I am not sure what to think about this right yet. :ponder:

IAmBatman January 24th, 2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1548936)
@Bats, I think that Cosmic Boy should probably replace Timber Wolf in the Legion Of SuperHeroes release, since it was him, Lightning Lad & Cosmic Girl that started the LOSH with Brainiac being the "Technical hand" at the time.

Consider it done. :-) Though I won't update the thread until next Sunday, I'll update my file ASAP. I'll be back to review the SP here once I've caught up in a few other places.

IAmBatman January 24th, 2012 09:53 PM

SP looks good. Should be interesting to see how tough Legionnaire Strategy makes the faction. Happily, you have enough Legos to properly test it out now.

Magnetic Throw needs a new name. I know it's the same power text as Magneto's version, but the D20 numbers are different, so without any difference in the power names, that'll get confusing ... No suggestions off the top of my head, sadly ... (sorry!). But something's gotta happen there.

Otherwise, good stuff! Oh, and you're OK with him not having the class of Legionnaire and missing out on all the Legionnaire synergies?

A3n January 24th, 2012 10:34 PM

LEADER: This is a hard choice. And I thought at the time that I had a good reason to go with this over the Legionnaire synergy, but now I can't remember what that was & hence I am unsure if I should keep it or change it.

MAGNETIC THROW: I still think if the only thing that changes in the power is the number then the power shouldn't require a different name. But if it puts your mind at rest we can add the number after the name or change the numbers to the same as Magneto.

LEGIONNAIRE STRATEGY: One thing that balances this out a bit is while OMs are on him they aren't going on Brainiac -- which the team requires to get the D20 boost. But if you all think it's too powerful I have a few other ideas at how to temper it. :D

IAmBatman January 24th, 2012 10:51 PM

Well his being a Leader tempers Legionnaire Strategy quite a bit since if you reveal OM 1 on him, you're not getting the bonding that turn, and if you don't reveal OM 1 on him, you're not getting bonding until you reveal an OM on him.

Something to keep in mind with the whole Leader/Lego debate ... though I think Legionnaire might also be less confusing on him for this reason.

Number after the name for Magnetic Throw works fine for me. :-) I prefer him a bit weaker than Mags, though.

Spidey'tilIDie January 25th, 2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

I think you mean Saturn Girl. ;)

A3n January 25th, 2012 02:57 AM

so for Magnetic Throw which number should be the changeable one? The number to allow you to throw or the number for the damage?

A).
Quote:

MAGNETIC THROW 12
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose one small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Cosmic Boy. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, throw the chosen figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll an 11 or higher, the thrown figure receives 1 wound. Thrown figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks. When Cosmic Boy uses his Magnetic Throw, he may use his Magnetic Throw one additional time.
or:
B).
Quote:

MAGNETIC THROW 15
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose one small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Cosmic Boy. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, throw the chosen figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll an 15 or higher, the thrown figure receives 1 wound. Thrown figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks. When Cosmic Boy uses his Magnetic Throw, he may use his Magnetic Throw one additional time.
I adjusted the values sightly to the OP to compensate for keeping the other value the same as Magneto's Magnetic Throw.

A3n January 25th, 2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1549132)
Quote:

I think you mean Saturn Girl. ;)

:lol: Yes I did. :D