Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Card Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Magic:The Gathering (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=16701)

treeafodo March 5th, 2008 09:51 PM

Magic:The Gathering

hey...this is a card game that i really like. it is kind of like heroscape that there are orcs, elves, and other monsters that fight each other. Try it out!

HSisforcoolkids March 5th, 2008 09:58 PM

Magic: the Gathering? Is that like a new game? Probably just a rip off of Pokemon.

Onacara March 5th, 2008 11:13 PM

Re: Magic:The Gathering

Quote:

Originally Posted by treeafodo
hey...this is a card game that i really like. it is kind of like heroscape that there are orcs, elves, and other monsters that fight each other. Try it out!

Wow I have never heard of this game before...it sounds really interesting. Do you think it will take off?

In a related subject I heard about this game where you go around the board and you buy properties and then you can build houses and hotels on the properties and collect when the other players land on your properties..I think they are calling it Monopoly or something like that.

K/H_Addict March 5th, 2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:

Wow I have never heard of this game before...it sounds really interesting. Do you think it will take off?

In a related subject I heard about this game where you go around the board and you buy properties and then you can build houses and hotels on the properties and collect when the other players land on your properties..I think they are calling it Monopoly or something like that.

You sure it's Monopoly? That sounds like a dumb name. This one sounds more like a "Clue" to me...

Ted March 6th, 2008 08:21 AM

Now now give the guy a break.

treeafodo March 6th, 2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids
Magic: the Gathering? Is that like a new game? Probably just a rip off of Pokemon.

accuality pokemon and yugio are rip-offs of this game. this game has been around( and popular) for 15 years( no joke at all)

treeafodo March 6th, 2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:

accuality is has already taken off, it has been popular for 15 years now. So if you see a deck, pick it up. It is a good game trust me

Tiberius March 6th, 2008 09:55 AM

I see the witty comments have been lost on that one. Though magic is probably my favorite CCG, I have all the old original cards up through Mirage I think. They are all nicely displayed in big binders, one for each color and then artifacts and multicolor in another.

Onacara March 6th, 2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted
Now now give the guy a break.

After his last 2 posts I just simply can not ...sorry Ted.

:rofl:

TheMedic March 6th, 2008 10:33 AM

I thought that accuality was a mis-spelling of actually. I guess I was wrong! :D

I'm considering sellign off my MTG stuff. I never got into the real spirit of the game, and would much rather put any money made back into Heroscape or associated figure purchases for customising.

I haven't done it yet, because I stil feel I might regret it if I do sell.

Oh what a quandry!

HSisforcoolkids March 6th, 2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMedic

I haven't done it yet, because I stil feel I might regret it if I do sell.

You will regret it. Don't do it. I will forever regret the day I sold most of my collection.

jcb231 March 6th, 2008 01:31 PM

treeafrodo, I'm really curious...how old are you and where are you from?

Is this honestly the first time you've heard of Magic? It's one of the most popular card games around and has been for many years.