Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   National Heroscape Day (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Northwest Nhsd Oct.19th (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49338)

ROADRAGE September 15th, 2013 11:06 PM

Northwest Nhsd Oct.19th

NORTHWEST NHSD DOUBLE THE FUN.

ENTRY FEE: A brand new heroscape pack, or 10$, or custom worth at least 10$. There will also be additional prizes for best sportsman and the player who brings the most original/unique army.

The cool guys over at C3V are donating a special promo figure + card.

PROMOTERS: Longy418, Nomad and ROADRAGE!

WHY: To celebrate NHSD in cool fashion :cheer:!

WHEN: Oct 19th, registration at 11:30, games will start at 12:00-6:00. No new games started after 5:30, playoff round will start at 6:15 with a one hour time limit. After prizes we should be done about 7:30. Anyone that can help for cleanup afterwards will be greatly appreciated.

WHERE: New life church, 27960 sw canyon creek rd Wilsonville OR 97070. As this is a church that is allowing us to use their premises(thx robbdaman 8))everyone needs to conduct themselves accordingly.

DOUBLE THE FUN DETAILS:
Bring (2) 555 point armies, your armies must be completely different i.e. if Isamu is in one of your armies he can't be in the other. The first game will be a team game, team up with the partner of your choice and choose one of your two armies, the maps will have 48 startzone spaces. This game will have a 2 hour time limit and your opponents do not need to share what they brought for this game.

All other games, after being paired with an opponent you have a couple of minutes to look over your opponents armies, then the lower win ratio player will decide to either pick the map(preferably one that neither player has played on yet) or choose to pick their army first or second(if tied roll the D20 to decide). You may pick a army that you brought or your opponent brought.

*EXAMPLE*
Toogwick_tuk 3-2(has a wolfen army and a Q.9./cultist army) and Dysole 2-2(has a deathwalker army and a Quahon/warforged army) are paired up to battle and they spend a couple of minutes looking over each others armies. Since tuk has a better win ratio record Dysole gets to decide and chooses to pick his army second since he thinks all 4 armies are balanced in an attempt to counter draft. Tuk then chooses the map and then selects his wolfen army as his best bet , Dysole then chooses his deathwalker army because he believes it's his best army to win.

YOUTH/NEWBIES:
In a effort to bring in more youth and less experienced players, players that are 12 and under or have less than 10 games under their belt "MAY" have an additional 55 points in their armies. NOTE: Only youth and newbies may select a army that goes over 555 points.

~24 Startzone restriction
~all official heroscape figures allowed
~C3V and SoV approved units =ok
~repaints =ok
~no marvel
~no proxies or customs

Bring all your own figures, dice, chips etc.

ROLLING RUMBLE FORMAT:
Standard scoring W/L and rolling rumble that will allow players to take a break when they want to. After the team game (A) take the next available opponent you haven't played yet (B) that has the closest record to yours. Playoff round will be by seed, you must have at least 4 games in to qualify for top spots in the playoff round. The top four will play on BoV maps to keep it fair and straight.

GLYPHS: Will be standard glyphs and probably placed face up( to be determined by Longy418 and myself).

MAPS:
Smokey's lament
spring thaw
fulcrum
snowball fight
blackroot
draugur
dance of the dryads
fossil
quasatch playground
sirocco

ATTENDEES:

ROADRAGE
Longy418
Nomad
Lil roadie
White q knight
Dysole
Robbdaman
Huskies16
Toogwick_tuk
obfuscatedhippo
Master of disaster
Piper
Sydney
i_r_beej + son
William099 + brother
Wingman

White Q Knight September 16th, 2013 12:20 AM

Re: Northwest Nhsd Oct.19th

Sounds great Roadrage count me in. Can't wait NHSD almost here.:D

Dysole September 16th, 2013 01:27 AM

Count Me In

I should be there barring unforseen circumstances.

~Dysole, off to go think up random off the wall crap armies

robbdaman September 16th, 2013 02:36 AM

It's my church so of course I'll be there. It's an easy walk from my house.

ROADRAGE September 16th, 2013 07:52 PM

Excellent! Glad to have all you guy's on board.

Nomad September 17th, 2013 06:24 PM

You can add Huskies16 to the list of attendees.

I'm pretty sure obfuscatedhippo will be joining us as well, but I'll let him answer. We'll see if we can recruit from the Puget Sound region.

Thanks!

Toogwick_tuk September 20th, 2013 11:11 PM

I should be able to go. I have a test I need to take in the morning, so I might be late. Sounds like fun.

Longy418 September 21st, 2013 11:20 PM

Anybody got any suggestions for maps they would like to see in play, both team and 1 vs. 1?

ROADRAGE September 22nd, 2013 09:59 PM

I nominate Fulcrum and Blackroot for the BoV maps, unless there's any objections. I'm working on another big map for the team game called Roadrage Rampage that we played on last night and it had very good play and fun, of course any map that has a small fortress in the middle of it and is fair to play in a tournament is a blast.

obfuscatedhippo September 22nd, 2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 1868054)
You can add Huskies16 to the list of attendees.

I'm pretty sure obfuscatedhippo will be joining us as well, but I'll let him answer. We'll see if we can recruit from the Puget Sound region.

Thanks!

YES I do plan to be there. I can bring some bigger Prize Support if needed.

quozl September 22nd, 2013 11:16 PM

Tentatively in, with my daughter.

What's the point total? Did I miss it?

White Q Knight September 22nd, 2013 11:41 PM

For maps I really like Quasatch Playground, Stygian Rift and Snowball Fight just my :2cents:. I can't wait to play some scape with all the great northwest scapers. :D