Attached also is the lava image I used for the lava base map in VirtualScape.
1) download image
2) change LavaAuggies.png to LavaAuggies.bmp. You might need to do this in a photoshop or another program.
3) save LavaAuggies.bmp to the VirtualScape/images/personal folder (wherever you installed your VirtualScape program)
4) Open VirtualScape
5) In the Configuration tab, choose Personal Tiles.
6) Click Add, put in a name, and choose LavaAuggies.bmp in Texture on 3D view. Also choose red or orange for Color on 2D view. Keep Hex Number at 1.
7) The new tile will be available as an Object in the Personal Files tab to where you select terrain.