Posted February 4th, 2012 at 10:44 PM by Elginb
I've always wondered exactly where various units derive their point value, and I've decided to start doing some heavy analysis to figure it out. To that end, I'm going to be asking the following questions:
1) How much are this unit's stats worth?
2) How much are this unit's powers worth?
3) How much are this unit's synergies with other units worth?
After that, I might consider the following:
4) How much are this unit's terrain or glyph bonuses worth?
5) How much is this unit worth in best- and worst-case scenarios?
I'll start with the unit everybody loves to hate: Major Q9 (180 points).
1) Stats - Major Q9 is a Large 7, 4 Life, 5 Move, 8 Range, 4 Attack, 7 Defense. How much of Q9's value is earned from these stats alone?
I think the best comparison case is Zetacron. Like the Major, Zetacron is Large 7, 5 Move, and 8 Range. His special power means that he averages the same number of skulls as...