View Full Version : Deadly Shot - Skull or Wound?
October 3rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
I've always thought that Omnicron snipers caused one additional wound for every skull they rolled. But I keep hearing that it's one additional skull. But really one Omnicron sniper would be about at the level of a Marro Warrior if that is the case, unless they got an attack bonus. So when it says one additional hit, does it mean skull or wound?
October 3rd, 2006, 06:49 PM
You double the amount of skulls shown on the dice.
Yeah, don't discount the Snipers too much, once they have a bonus or two they can be devastating against high defense units and heroes. However, if you can't get tehm high ground, or your enemy is composed of venoc vipers, the Marros are a better choice.
October 3rd, 2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah, they're quite useful. Snipers + Castle + Taelord = 4 Attack, each doubled.
One of my favorite squads.
October 3rd, 2006, 06:54 PM
i was confused bout this to. checked hasbros faq.
SNIPERS + HEIGHT + TEALORD + ATK GLYPH + RANGE GLYPH =
:johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: :johnwoo2:
:johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: :johnwoo2: _________ :passout: :help: :bang:
October 4th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I actually had them for a while before I realized their potential. I never really had any interest playing them but did anyway just to switch up units a bit. They RULED the battlefield. Once I got them positioned, they didn't need to move for the rest of the game. I was pretty impressed. :D That just goes to show, it doesn't hurt to sample other units, you may discover a jewel :!:
October 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. This really clears things up. :D
October 4th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Also, 1 attack doubled is statistically better than 2 attack against moderately high def units. You have a 50-50 chance of 2 wounds with the 2x 1atk. With 2 atk, you have a 25% chance of 2, 50% of 1, and 25% of 0. So really anything with more than 2 def, you're probably better off with the doubled 1 atk.
And that's completely leaving aside the point people already made that once they get height or a glyph, their damage potential scales up much more quickly.
October 4th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I've always said it's an extra skull with this power and the Minions Deadly Strike works the same way.
October 5th, 2006, 09:26 AM
When I first got them, I thought it was one "hit," ie unblockable, that they caused with each skull. Needless to say, they were VERY powerful played that way!
October 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Snipers are VERY powerful. They have a decent move, an average range, and potential to post-up and pelt enemies from a nice vantage point. Not only that, but it's also pretty easy to get LOS when standing behind a battlement!
vBulletin® v3.6.9, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.